Privately held firm in Raleigh-Durham area has an immediate need for a permanent full-time team member. The successful candidate must be disciplined and well-organized with a demonstrated bias toward timely, detailed performance against aggressive deadlines, as well as a self-starting multi-tasker who can accomplish all assignments without need of close supervision.
- Processing accounts payable, matching invoices, keying of invoices, posting payments to accounts, creating journal entries, doing some reconciliations
- Processing multi-state payroll ensuring the proper coding of payroll data to each field and activity for cost accounting records
- Submit payroll tax payments and garnishments promptly. Record payments in accounting software program and bank ledgers.
- Ensure all subcontractor agreements, W-9’s, certificates of insurance(COI) and lien waivers are current
- All coding, job costing, routing, matching, sorting, entry and filing of invoices
- New vendor setup administration inclusive of insurance and contract management requirements
- Monthly review of statements to ensure no past due items exist
- Monitor cash balances daily and prepare monthly bank reconciliations for multiple companies
- Cross train with other staff members to assist as needed
- Other office related functions as needed. and other accounting related duties as assigned
- Commercial Construction experience is a necessary
- Significant AP & Payroll experience with advanced Excel skills and proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Must be able to attain top standards of quality and accuracy
- Experience in multi-state Payroll Processing as well as Payroll Tax Processing.
- Familiar with multi-state Sales Tax Waivers
- Must have 2 + years of recent and extensive A/P experience and proficiency withQuickBooks Premier
- Detail oriented, solid organizational skills, strong written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, quickly changing environment, with aggressive deadlines
- The ideal candidate will value ethics, honesty and integrity